A few things;
- A massive Happy New Year to all my friends. A bit late but I’ve been on planes.
- Home from Canada, all de-aeroplaned (read nicely showered), changed, Radio 4 playing, proper coffee ingested, fire lit and people I have never met being properly surly and dismissive at Heathrow. Ahhhh, home at last.
- News broken face to face with my dear mother. Can be open with everyone now without the fear of it getting back via a third party.
- Lucy and I are separated and the paperwork is in for the divorce. Why are people so amazed that we are civil and unprepared to enrich the legal profession ? We are adults and can sort things out in a civilised manner. Sure there are differences and things that grate – hell, we are getting divorced – but nothing that can’t be discussed and agreed. We are both relieved to be shot of the annoyances and frustrations that each brings the other. Lucy has been kind, helpful and supportive when I needed it and for that I will be forever grateful.
- I have been in another relationship since mid August and I now live with Rebecca. We met long after Lucy and I decided to separate and Lucy and Rebecca have met and get on, which is very nice for me and Héloise.
- I had a great catch-up with my 94 year old Grandmother. She is doing extremely well and it is very pleasing. If I make it to 70 like she is at 94 I’ll be a happy bunny.
- 2012 hasn’t been a stellar year. I have been getting divorced, writing sweary ranty blog posts (I promise to try and make it less offensive in 2013), having really really bad bicycle crashes, got filled with surgical steel, got a good job only to be made redundant 2.5 months after I started, moved house, nearly lost my marbles, had about 4 months of functional memory loss thanks to the painkillers blah blah blah.
- Resolutions – pah.
- Get a job – Really, that is priority 1
- Reconnect with some friends that I have not given appropriate attention to and try to rebuild the relationships
- Go on a couple of good holidays with Rebecca (am thinking Canada and Italy)
- Read more books (not having a telly is a definite advantage)
- Get the metal out of my shoulder and start regular swimming
- Cycle properly
- See more opera
Here is to 2013 being a great year as it can’t be any worse!