So it’s Friday. So don’t expect even a flailing stab at literary competence. A round-up of the week is what’s needed with some fun and illuminative trivia thrown in.
- I am possibly the most easily distracted and idle person I know. A friend saw a cartoon yesterday and fell about laughing. “That’s you” they choked out between gales of laughter. “That’s so you.” I gave a careful and considered response of, “piss off”, and then started laughing as well.
- You can’t tell but I was just distracted my Mrs S. Sadly she wasn’t offering ice-cream though.
- Now my whole thread of the wretched post is gone from my head.
- Check email again.
- Oh yes, Idle. When I work I really work and in between I am a master time-waster. There ought to be a Guild of Master Time Wasters. I wish I knew how to make myself into a tightly focused and driven individual.
- Just connected two people via LinkedIn. Think it is v. cool that technology has made so easy something that was previously nearly impossible.
- Speak to one of said people. Talk for 20 minutes.
- I prefer to think of it as multi-tasking with a slight random element.
- My new helicopter arrives today or tomorrow. Am sure that won’t divert me from planning.
- Planning – oh yeah, I am starting a business. That’ll have it’s own site and blog so ’nuff said here.
- Looking forward to collecting my free Calamari from Lou’s between Christmas and New Year. Thank you Facebook.
- Food, mmmmm.
- Very modern dilemma – am speaking to my domain name provider to merge all my various domains under one roof and register a few new ones.
- Dilemma – just been to Wikipedia to ascertain that I have indeed been spelling it incorrectly for many years. Two “m’s”, go figure.
- Bought some bike rollers this week as I hate turbo-trainers. They turned up yesterday. Slippery buggers. Will take some mastering. In the meantime my friends have not been helpful. See Blovember 13. Bastards.
- It was my dad’s birthday a few weeks ago – 75, time to get a Honda Jazz as I may have mentioned – and he is rubbish at asking for pressies. Finally we get an answer…floor mats for the Jazz please.
- I feel a bit dirty writing the search term “Jazz Mats” into Google.
Gotta run. I hear an ice-cream van.